Visual Case Study: Custom Automation for Dynamic Productivity in Light Industrial Manufacturing
At NAVUS we develop and design projects of all scales and levels. Sometimes the projects we do are focused on achieving a process design that seemed impossible for our clients due to complexity or scale. Our engineers excel at tasks and projects that take a complicated process and streamline it to suit your company’s needs.
Recently we acquired a client that already had automated processes within their facility for the production of a particular product, however, their downstream process required these products to change orientation in order to be packaged correctly without associate intervention. Our engineers were given specific goals, materials, and space to work with in order to create the custom automated process and integrate it with existing processes within our client’s manufacturing facility. Not only did we have very specific parameters, but the product itself was complicated. Our client needed assembly of multiple components to be accomplished within the space they dedicated to our process. The finished process would have to be dynamic in multiple ways.
To complete this project, our engineers needed to:
- Design an automated process that integrated with existing processes within our client’s manufacturing facility
- Keep the footprint of the process small, meaning multiple stages of assembly had to happen in the same process enclosure
- Ensure that the process could nest multiple parts precisely together to comply with downstream packaging systems
The finished process was proposed to produce 24 parts per minute with the supervision of only one operator. These specific guidelines and requests from our client were definitely different from the projects we typically highlight:
- The scale of the product itself is smaller than the products and parts we typically engineer custom automation processes for
- The variables we had to keep in mind while designing and engineering the process made it a much more complex project
- The finished process needed to work with other processes in the facility, but we could still make it something completely unique for our client
All of the variables and complexity presented an intriguing and unique project for our engineers to navigate. Together with our valuable vendors, we designed an automated process that worked and looked more refined than our clients could have imagined. To discover more about how Navus engineers used robotics to design a custom automation process that worked for our client’s needs, you can experience it all through our free visual case study, Custom Automation for Dynamic Productivity in Light Industrial Manufacturing, by clicking here to download.
Navus Automation Inc. is a leading full-service automation integrator. Our world-class team has a reputation for applying ingenuity to solve complex challenges and deliver customized turn-key systems solutions. From concept to completion, Navus provides robotic welding and automation systems built upon our unwavering commitment to excellence, precision, and reliability.